Hallaton Environmental Linings is seeking hard-working, experienced and motivated applicants for full-time Liner Crew Labor positions. We are hiring throughout the United States. A significant amount of job-related travel will be required.
As a liner crew laborer you’ll be part of a construction crew that travels to install geosynthetic liner systems on solid-waste landfills, reservoirs, coal-fired power plants, oil & gas sites, industrial and municipal facilities and other public/private sites. You will work with a team/crew to prepare the job site and install geosynthetic liner systems such as geomembranes, geocomposites, geosynthetic clay liners (GCL) and geotextiles to contain hazardous materials for environmental protection. You will be working with other crew/team members to install these materials efficiently, safely and at quality levels expected from experienced Hallaton crews.
In this position, you will need to have physical strength to perform the labor requirements of the job and endurance to handle working long hours in an outdoor environment. Good coordination, solid safety practices, and the ability to take direction and work well with others are essential.
- Prepare jobsite for liner installation: fill and place sandbags, light earthwork, etc.
- Deploy liner and/or other geosynthetics using equipment and clamps
- Operate fusion/extrusion equipment, hot air guns and grinders for geosynthetic seams and borders
- Use knives and other industrial equipment to safely cut and trim liner and other geosynthetics
- Follow safety procedures and protocols
- Be able to obtain credentials to work on secured facilities
- Basic knowledge of construction tools and general equipment
- Ability to understand basic construction drawings (highly preferred; will train)
- Experience with geosynthetics, welding liner or pipe fusion (highly preferred; will train)
- Ability to travel to jobsites for extended periods of time (sometimes several weeks/months)
- Be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays as business dictates
- Ability to work in a team environment (essential)
- Physical strength, hand-eye coordination, focus and the endurance to:
1. Lift and carry heavy objects (25–50 pounds) consistently
2. Move quickly, efficiently and safely over a variety of terrain
3. Stay alert with a constant eye on safety and respond quickly to dangerous situations
4. Stand, stoop or walk for extended periods of time
5. Lift, pull, push heavy objects while deploying liner and related materials
6. Listen, hear and respond quickly to construction cues and alerts
7. Withstand long hours outdoor in all weather conditions
Hallaton provides the following benefits:
- Job Training
- Competitive Pay (based on experience)
- Health Insurance (Medical & Dental)
- 401K Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Per Diem for Out-of-Town Projects
Applicants will be subject to background screening and must pass a drug screening test and provide consent for random testing on jobsites. Applicants must also be legal to work in the United States and be approved by E-Verify. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please use one of these two methods.
- 1. Apply online
Apply Online Now
- 2. Mail a paper application to
Hallaton Environmental Linings
Attn: Human Resources / Recruitment
1206 Sparks Rd
Sparks, MD 21152
Download Application (PDF)